The VIII Global Energy Prize Summit
Energy in the new technological cycle
April 10, 2019 Karlsruhe Institute of Technology
The Global Energy Prize Summit has been held on an annual basis since 2012. It gathers leading experts in the field of energy, politics, business. Held for discussing the most urgent energy issues, working out precise mechanisms, ways of their solution, their communication to the public and the world`s leading energy organisations.
09:30 – 10:00 Participants gathering and registration, welcome coffee
10:00 – 12:30 Plenary session "Energy in the new technological cycle"
A new technological cycle is the digital era, the age of robots, artificial intelligence. It is crucial to have a reliable, safe and affordable energy. This task is inextricably related to the new smart energy, available both financially and physically for each locality, every enterprise anywhere in the world.
12:30 – 13:30 Lunch
13:30 – 15:00 Round table
1. The impact of 4th industrial revolution on energy sector
• How can we evaluate the impact on the energy sector driven by new trends: digitalization, big data, artificial intelligence, blockchain, unmanned aerial vehicles?
• What are the main directions of improving the efficiency of the industry through automation and digitalization?
• Can big data accelerate the process of digital transformation of the industry?
2. The energy requirements for sustainable developments
• How new technologies can make human lives easier?
• What technologies can be useful here?
• Industry, transport, urbanization, design of urban space?
• How to make energy available for everyone?
3. New ways of energy application
• It becomes obvious that energetics is an integral part of any industry and actively develops in related fields - in medicine, construction, etc.
• What new energy applications are available?
• What are the prospects for their development?
15:00 – 15:30 Coffee break
15:30 – 17:00 Presentation of young researchers’ startup projects
Master-class (The Global Energy Prize laureate’s lecture)
119019 Moscow, Kuznetsky most, 3 bld. 2
Tel: +7 (495) 739-54-35
Fax: +7 (495) 692-19-83