Josep M. Guerrero (Denmark)
Professor Microgrid Research Program
Josep M. Guerrero received the B.S. degree in telecommunications engineering, the M.S. degree in electronics engineering, and the Ph.D. degree in power electronics from the Technical University of Catalonia, Barcelona, in 1997, 2000 and 2003, respectively. Since 2011, he has been a Full Professor with the Department of Energy Technology, Aalborg University, Denmark, where he is responsible for the Microgrid Research Program.
- combined together different technologies, such as power converters, control, communications, optimization, and so on. This way the energy can be generated and stored near to the consumption points, improving the stability and reducing the losses produced by the large power lines.
- developed microgrids that may conform next low-voltage distribution systems
- presented many examples of real microgrid systems, such as demosite in Shanghai, China, a Smart Home living lab in Denmark, and so on.
- presented an important application in microgrids - maritime power systems, which include seaports, all and hybrid electrical ships, ferries and vessels.
- He received the best paper award of the IEEE Transactions on Energy Conversion for the period 2014-2015.
- In 2014 and 2015 he was awarded by Thomson Reuters as Highly Cited Researcher, and in 2015 he was elevated as IEEE Fellow for his contributions on “distributed power systems and microgrids.”